Re: [SQU] Automatic detection...

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:16:29 -0600

> I was wondering, how can you give the instructions to IE (Internet =
> Explorer) when it has Automatic detect settings enabled (for Proxy =
> settings)? Is it possible that Squid provides such info to the Browser =
> automatically?
>
> I don't think so. It must be some kind of broadcast message, I have no
> documentation about.

I am under the impression that this works through the DHCP server (MS's most
likely). Just as you can define DNS servers, WINS Servers, etc, you can
define a proxy server. I've never done this, and PROXY is not on the list,
so a new option would have to be created. I'm not sure what Identifiers
would be used.

Good luck!
Craig