[SQU] Squid & FTP

From: Freaked Personality <freaky@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:10:49 +0100

Hey there,

first please note the reply address might be wrong since for some reason my MTA wouldn't send mail..., however since I'm on the list I should recieve replies anyways, else please send to fvansteen@basix.org

Ok now for my small problem.
We would like to use FTP through our proxy, however if I set up my ftp client to use ther proxy it gives me a can't connect error and Internet Explorer comes up with a dialog telling I'll only have read access and won't be able to upload/rename and or move files. Now my question is whether it's possible for squid to also be a ftp proxy.
Also I'm really really sorry if it's explained in the manual, I took a quick look at it but didn't see it and my collegue called in sick today so I'm swamped with work... which is ok but now i have to bother u ppl :-)

thanks for ur time

kind regards,

Ferry van Steen