[SQU] deny_info URL ACL

From: Jiri Bohac <bohaj9am@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:31:16 +0100 (CET)

Is there a way to force the squid 1.x behaviour of deny_info - i.e specify
a URL instead of a file in the ...squid/errors directory?

I want to use it primarily for banner filtering (but others as well
- imagine a huge dirty pig showing on-screen when user types in
"www.porn_whatever.com" :-)) such as:

acl banners url_regex "...banner_definition_regexp_file"
acl porn url_regex "...porn_def_file"
http_access deny porn
http_access deny banners

deny_info "http://...../emty.gif"
deny_info "http://...../pig.gif" :-)

Note that I DO NOT REQUIRE the target to be a URL, a locally stored GIF
would do the same job for me....

I like this simple 1.x method and do not really want to use a redirector,
unless it is inevitable! (memory reasons - in fact i tried to configure
sleezeball but did not succede, so let's call it memory reasons :-))

The issue has been discussed many times, long ago, so If there have been
any solutions since, please tell me!

Thanx for any kind replies

Jiri