[SQU] Redhad 6.2 goes abnormal

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 23:35:26 +0800

Dear all,

I run Squid 2.3.STABLE4 on Redhat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14). The hardware is using Taiwanese main board (Iwill VD-133), RAM 256 MB, Pentium III / 533 MHz, 7.5 GB of Ultra ATA-66 Harddisk, Accton PCI 10/100 Ethernet card.
Server has been running for around 2 months. Now the server got problems.

Two weeks ago, cache run abnormally by giving no pictures to browser. Linux seemed going problem while run Squid as daemon (I load the Squid from rc.local). The screen of Linux server was BLANK and seemed trying to display X-Windows but it's FAIL.

I remove the directory cache then re-create it again from beginning and IT SOLVED the problem.

Now (2 weeks after re-create swap), problem above is happen again. But I can't go to text mode of Linux. However, I can reboot the blank screen by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL keys. Server can reboot but problem come again when it load the Squid.

Does anyone here have a similar problem? Your suggestion and answer is very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Awie
awie@eksadata.com
PT. EKSADATA INTISOLUSI