[SQU] Half loaded pages: can squid help me out?

From: Marco van Hylckama Vlieg <fatal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 18:54:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

I´m sending this question to the list because I have a burning problem.
I am administering a squid cache on Slackware 7, squid version 2.2STABLE5.

I use this cache to keep up an internet cafe in Santo Domingo, Dominican
Republic. The big problem is that our internet link is plain horrible.
Packet loss is huge and we are pestered by "read timeouts", "no url" errors,
broken images and the worst: html pages that load only half way. The
browsers just stop loading when only a part of the html page is transferred.

My question is:

Can I tweak the squid configuration to fix this problem?
I guess Squid needs to keep trying longer to tranfer the whole page instead
of aborting the transfer half way. And, if the server broke the connection,
can squid send a new request and keep going until the whole page is loaded?

I searched the mailinglist, read the documentation but failed to find
a solution for my problem. I hope somebody on this list can help me out!

Best regards from a Dutch guy in Santo Domingo,

Marco

--
	UNOX: The worst Operating System.
		Marco van Hylckama Vlieg