[SQU] problems with squid crashing

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:00:40 -0400

HI,

I am running Squid 2.2STABLE5 on AIX 4.3.3 as a proxy cache

We have recently added a large batch of users who are now using squid.
Consequently, I've seen my cache_dir fill up quickly. I have the Filesystem
size to be just over 1GB, and had my cache_dir set to 1000MB, ie 1GB.

The reference_age was set to 1 month and my high and low marks were set at
95 and 90 respectively.

The problem is, is that my cache directory filled up and consequently killed
my squid process..Was this just a problem with my cache_dir size being set
too closely to the actual filesystem size? Or is the problem deeper than
this?

This is a pretty big problem, because my users are being forced to use the
proxy cache (it's in the image of their machines), and have no recourse if
the cache goes down...or do they?

Any advice?

Cheers

Matt