RE: [SQU] deakamiser

From: Michael May <mmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:01:50 +0100

This regular expression does not catch old instances of ARLs (Akamai
Resource Locators) featuring the akamaitech.net domain...

Why is Akamaization leading to cache misses anyway?
The ARL (i.e.
a4.g.akamai.net/7/4/1/0001/www.squid-cache.org/images/logo.gif) is constant
in any akamaized page and should produce (valid or stale) cache hits that
can be refreshed eventually.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Michael May
Integration Consultant
Akamai Technologies GmbH