[SQU] Help! Squid accelerator and Host HTTP header

From: Aleksey Zvyagin <zal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:33:56 +0500

Hi!

I have squid 2.3-STABLE4
How can i configure a squid (accelerator mode) that it sends corrected
"Host:" header to my localhost's httpd server?

For example:
My apache server listens the 127.0.0.1:80 and has a lot virtual servers at
one IP address, e.g. 127.0.0.1
In this time squid is running at this server and listens IP_provider:80
I have following lines in squid.conf:

httpd_accel_host 127.0.0.1
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

If a client connects to IP_provider:80 and requests as:
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: some.my.host

Then the squid requests the 127.0.0.1:80 server as:
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: 127.0.0.1

But i need the "Host: some.my.host"
If i do:
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
then the squid doesn't connect to 127.0.0.1 but one logs to cache.log
"Forwarding loop detected..."
Note: The host some.my.host is resolved by DNS as IP_provider:80 (my server
has only one IP address from a provider)

Summary of my article: if i have a some virtual WWW servers (Name-based) and
have only one IP address then i can not run WWW server and squid accelerator
together at my server... Is it true?

---
Best regards, Aleksey Zvyagin, zal@ping.ru