[SQU] deny_info URL ACL

From: Jiri Bohac <bohaj9am@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:28:13 +0100 (CET)

Is there a way to force the squid 1.x behaviour of deny_info - i.e specify
a URL instead of a file in the ...squid/errors directory?

I want to use it primarily for banner filtering (but others as well
- imagine a huge dirty pig showing on-screen when user types in
"www.porn_whatever.com" :-)) such as:

acl banners url_regex "...banner_definition_regexp_file"
acl porn url_regex "...porn_def_file"
http_access deny porn
http_access deny banners

deny_info "http://...../emty.gif"
deny_info "http://...../pig.gif" :-)

Note that I DO NOT REQUIRE the target to be a URL, a locally stored GIF
would do the same job for me....

I like this simple 1.x method and do not really want to use a redirector,
unless it is inevitable! (memory reasons - in fact i tried to configure
sleezeball but did not succede, so let's call it memory reasons :-))

The issue has been discussed many times, long ago, so If there have been
any solutions since, please tell me!

Thanx for any kind replies and sorry for posting again, but had no