[SQU] Proxy Timeout

From: Sajjad Ahmad <sajjad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:14:50 +0500

Dear All,

I have redhat Linux 6.1 with Kernel 2.2.15. with squid 2.2.stable5. I have
two LAN cards in my box with one IP each
IP forwarding is running there. Transparent proxy works fine when I reboot
the server. I have 120 users online on my RAS server. After 30 minutes
following error comes out.

------------------------------
ERROR

----
While trying to retrieve the URL: N/A
The following error was encountered:
Connection Lifetime Expired
Squid has terminated the request because it has exceeded the maximum
connection lifetime
--------------------------------
When I put Proxy address manually in the browser then I can browse very
well.
My one server is running with gateway address of Proxy server. It show s the
same error and I have another Server whos Gateway is Router from where I am
redirecting the Users to proxy server.
My upstream is of 256 Kbps ( Full duplex) and down load is 1 MB ( Full
duplex). Upstream pipe is 50  % used normally and there is no bandwidth
constraints.
Please help me in this regard.
Sajjad Ahmad
Manager BroadBand