Re: [SQU] Cache Dir

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:02:59 +1100

The DIRTY on startup means that squid crashed, and can't 'speed-load' the index (swaplog) of the cache dir into memory.

So it performs a sanity check on the swap logfile if it exists, and if it doesn't it reads the contents off the disk (yes at 1 file
i/o per cached object. Then when that is finished, the next time squid shuts down cleanly, the in-memory index is written to disk.
The startup after that will show CLEAN.

So, let squid run and don't worry about the DIRTY warning. Check you logs and see why squid is crashing and fix that.

Rob