Re: proxy_auth & wccp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:54:16 +0100

proxy authentication is only possible when the browser talks to a proxy.
Not when a proxy hijacks the browsers attemtps to talk to the origin
server. This is a sound security limitation in the HTTP protocol to
ensure that origin servers does not steal the users proxy password.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squidh acker