Re: [SQU] More on WCCP and truncated GRE packets. --HELP

From: Wayne Smith <wcsmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:36:10 -0500

Cisco hardware has multiple switching paths that can be used for packet
forwarding (process switching, fast switching, Cisco Express Forwarding
(CEF), distributed CEF (dCEF), etc.

Certain versions of the IOS have certain functionality in some paths and not
in others. In some releases of the IOS, WCCP wasn't supported in the CEF
path, and with CEF turned on, the WCCP portion of life never saw the
packets.

This isn't likely to be your case, as you are actually seeing packets (okay,
portions of packets ;).

Wayne Smith, CNE/MCSE/CCNP/CCDP
Computer Resources (http://www.cros.net)