Re: [SQU] TCP_DENIED: squid ACLS intermittently reject all connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:11:14 +0100

Nate Cull wrote:

> Running a virgin Red Hat 7.0 server as a Squid proxy box
> (squid-2.3STABLE4-1 rpm) with an ACL inclusion list (ie,
> it will only allow connections to a specified list of sites)
> we're getting an odd intermittent problem. At random times
> during the day (this seems to happen every couple of weeks),
> squid will suddenly fall into a state where it rejects EVERY
> http request sent to it (not just ones sent to unauthorised
> sites). We can see this in the logs; suddenly every line becomes
> a TCP_DENIED inst

Seen it in Squid-2.2.STABLE5-hno from time to time, but have not been
able to isolate the cause. For me the some src type ACLs ceased to
function from time to time.

acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32

I cannot remember seeing any changes in Squid which has smelled like
possibly fixing this issue, so I guess the problem is still there
somewhere.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker