Re: [SQU] Unable to connect to/resolve internal addresses

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 05:53:44 +0100

Anders Strandberg (EPL) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think that it recieves the 205 error from the parent cache.
> ----
> ERROR 205 -- DNS name lookup failure. Please contact your system administrator.
>
> This means that:
>
> cacher
> ----

Sure looks like an NetApp error message from one of the ericsson gateway
proxies. So it smells like something is wrong with the always_direct
settings.

But I think there is also a small issue with ICMP in Squid-2.3 that
might under some specific conditions confuse Squid. Also generally I
find that ICMP probing support in Squid is only a waste of resources. Is
there any specific reason to why you have enabled it?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker