Re: [SQU] Need help to use netscape

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:36:17 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> So the IP of squid that returns the proxy-authenticate header is different
> from the firewall? But the clients know they have a proxy server (configured
> as the firewall ip).
>
> I don't think that will work under http/1.1 but I'm not sure.

HTTP does not care about IPs in any of it's authentication methods. Only
about connections and connection establishment. You can use as many
layers of port redirection or NAT between the client and the proxy (or
even origin server) you like.

More likely the proxy settings in the Netscape navigator is wrong.

/Henrik