Re: [SQU] Credentials forwarding?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 07:55:55 +0100

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> I've noticed that it's possible to supply a "login=user:pass"
> option to the cache_peer configuration option.
>
> What I'd like to do is forwarding the credentials that the user
> supplied, given that all caches have the same user database.
>
> Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks.

Currently the proxy authentication forwarding mechanisms in Squid is
utterly flawed.

What should be done is that the current "forward unless used locally"
mechanism should be ripped out, and instead a cache_peer option should
be added. This also partly applies when doing www-authentication in
accelerators.

Search for PROXY_AUTH in http.c, and you will notice the flawed if
statements I am talking about.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker