Re: [SQU] Delay pool and ACL resolving.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 06:48:46 +0100

David Luyer wrote:

> > Can anybody discibe me this and how aviod it. As I understand the cause is
> > connected with ACL resolving.
>
> It's a fast ACL, it needs to be something which doesn't require a delay to
> check, ie, you could match the domain name and the IP address so that one
> would match instantly. If something returns "wait for a DNS lookup" in the
> ACL system, a fast ACL won't match it.

Is the delay pool assignment after or before access control?

If it is after access control, then DNS lookups can be forced in
http_access.

before the first http_access line, add this

acl dns-hack dst 0.0.0.0/32
http_access deny dns-hack

This will force Squid to make a DNS lookup, which will then be cached
and immediately available for use by the delay pools.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker