[SQU] Running out of filemap bits

From: Chris Vaughan <Chris.Vaughan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:30:11 +1100

Hello all,

I am running squid 2.3 Stable 4 on Red hat Linux 6.2 with 256 MB of RAM and
IGB of space allocated to the cache. The store directory page in Cache
Manager reports that cache usage is up around 38% of space used.

However, the filemap bits usage reports as having used 96% of 65536
available bits.

As the mean object size is currnetly around 6.2 to 6.3 KB, I have set the
store_avg_object_size to 6 KB in squid.conf.

How can I prevent the filemap bits usage hitting 100% and bringing down the
cache?

Chris Vaughan
Communications Administrator

Department of Information Technology & Management NSW