Re: [SQU] SMP & Performance when disk i/o is not an issue

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:45:57 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

The main issue here is that squid is a single threaded process. It sits in
a select loop. Adding cpus does not make it go faster. You need a faster
cpu. If anything I'd lock squid to one cpu exclusively and let any other
ancillary processes use others. That way you at least avoid the slowdown
associated with squid being moved around cpus.

Colin