[SQU] proxy_auth

From: Devin Teske <devinteske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:07:26 -0800

hello, again.

I am having a little trouble with authentication. I just want to set it up
so that my clients have to enter a password to go online. Here's what I've
done so far.

Installed /usr/bin/ncsa_auth
put "authenticate_program /usr/bin/ncsa_auth /usr/etc/passwd" into
configuration file
put "acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED" into my config file
put "http_access allow password" followed by "http_access deny all" into my
config file

Is there anything else I am supposed to do? After this is done, I thought I
should be able to enter one of computers users as the log and pass to get
online, right? It doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Devin Teske