[SQU]

From: <gazza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:51:06 -0000

Hi All,

I've got a Linux box setup with squid, and at first I thought everything was running fine however I've noticed a couple of strange things :-

* Everytime I try to access a common site that should be in the cache the PPP line comes up, Is this because my DNS servers are at my ISP ? I thought that squid would cache DNS lookups (I thought it would only bring the line up if it cant find the result in cache)

* If I disable the PPP no-web sites work - Not even cached sites

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.....the only other thing I wanted to know was...is there anyway of making squid update the cache even though its not been accessed....maybe when the server is not busy ( I think some other proxys do this)

Cheers..and Merry Christmas.

Gary Hill