Re: Weird Problem - Solution

From: Florin Andrei <florin125@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:56:24 -0000

>From: Vijay Kolaventy <vjkolaventy@yahoo.com>
>
>Silly me! Actually the '/' disk was full due to the
>cache logs. I have clear the logs and everythings
>fine. Is there anyway I could avoid this. Anyway
>thanks everybody.

Yes, you can rotate the logs from time to time.
As an example, put into your crontab this:

0 0 * * * squid -k rotate

I believe Squid Squid should signal more clearly this sort of event (logs
partition full), because it happens very often with newbie users, and most
of them just don't know what happens.
How about sending some messages to stdout, or something?...