Re: [SQU] significance of tcp_outgoing_address?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:03:32 +0100

tcp_outgoing_address selects the source address Squid is using for it's
connections. Sometimes if you have a Squid server with multiple IP's you
always want it to use one specific IP for outgoing connections
irregardless of which service they try to contact. Without it, the OS
will select the "closest" IP to the server being contacted..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker