Re: [SQU] cookies

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:39:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Glen Blundell wrote:

> I think this has been discuessed before but I didnt really find a solution
> when searching through my mailinglist archives.
>
> We have had users reporting that they cant access some sites that use
> cookies through squid (www.harveynorman.com.au and www.dstore.com.au are our
> examples)
>
> Does anyone have a solution or idea for the problem?
>
> I am only using anonymize_headers as below
>
> anonymize_headers deny User-Agent

You can debug something like this pretty easily. You can use the
'client' program that comes with Squid, and a program called 'socket'
available at http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/src/socket-1.1.tar.gz

In one window, on the squid machine, run socket:

        % socket -s 8080

And in another run client:

        % client -H "Cookie: foo=bar\n" http://127.0.0.1:8080/

Then in the socket window you'll see something like this:

        GET / HTTP/1.0
        Accept: */*
        Cookie: foo=bar
        Host: 127.0.0.1:8080