[SQU] upgrading strategies..suggestions?

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:35:55 -0400

Hi All,

I'm running Squid 2.3STABLE3 on AIX 4.3.3. I have run into the problem where
it was not removing things from my cache, and consequently crashing when the
filesystem grew to large. I located a patch for this (thanks to all who
helped!) problem, but much to my chagrin, I noticed that the original
implementation of squid was a binary one, not a source one, so I need to do
one of two things:

1. Download and compile the soure & patch for 2.3STABLE3, keeping my
existing squid.conf file.

2. Download and compile the source for 2.3STABLE4.

3. Download and the binary distribution (if available) for 2.3STABLE4

My problem is that I have several users who use my cache, and would prefer
to make these changes as transparent as possible. I like the way my cache is
working (other than this bug) , ie, I'd like to keep my existing squid.conf
file. Would upgrading to STABLE4 require any changes to squid.conf? Does
anyone have any suggestions?

CHeers

Matt