Re: [SQU] How to Increase Filedescriptors?(Success!!)

From: Li Xiang <lixiang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 14:36:49 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi,

For the increasing of file descriptors, I am also interested. From your
words, I see 3 steps are necessary:
1. change OPEN_MAX in linux/limits.h to bigger number (2048)
2. ulimit -n 2048
3. clear *.o and compile squid again

am I correct? I doubt just by changing the OPEN_MAX in limits.h is
enough. Is the recompile of OS kernel compulsory?

Regards,

Li Xiang
School of Computing
National University of Singapore