[SQU] squid and wget

From: Peter Schulz <pschulz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:10:10 +0100

Hi,
can anybody tell me how i can use wget with squid. What I plan to do is the
following: My users use software like ftp-explorer to download software
from the web. What we want is to make this possible with our proxy server
(squid 2.0. Patch2). The proxy server must not cache the downloads. We were
happy when it where possible to download files with the proxy. I read that
this thing will be possible whith something like wget.

I've downloaded wget, compiled an installed it. But what happens now. How
have i to configure squid to use wget ? My squid runs on linux.

Regards
Peter Schulz