Re: [SQU] unknown cache_dir type ?? ufs ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 21:25:24 +0100

Erkan Boga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer but the ufs option is in my squid.conf file. i have
> in my system only 3 suid.conf files but i can see that he is using the
> /etc/squid.conf because only in this file i have the port 8080 for http. and
> in this file i have the option ufs, but also don't know why he is not
> showing that in his output ?
>
> # will be created under each first-level directory. The default
> # is 256.
> #
> #cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

Don't think so. The above is only a comment. You have another cache_dir
line somewhere which is not commented, or your Squid is not using the
squid.conf file you think it is.

After installation I always recommend to clean squid.conf from any
documentation

cat squid.conf | awk '/^[a-z]/ {print}' >squid.conf.clean

[verify that squid.conf.clean looks OK, and add back any comments needed
to claify why you have certain settings]

mv squid.conf.clean squid.conf

It is always easier maintain 1/2 page of configuration directives, than
40 pages with configuration directives mixed with lots of documentation
which might be for some older software release....

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker