RE: [SQU] Purging objects

From: William Wishon <bill.wishon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:58:14 -0800

I am trying to accelerate a server that might change what a particular URL
returns based on criteria not known to squid. In other words some external
event would make me want to invalidate a group of urls that are currently in
the cache. I don't (and can't) know all of the possible urls affected by
this, so I want to cycle through the list something like this:

foreach object in cache
        url = geturl from object
        if url is now different
                purge url

So I guess what I really would like is a way to get the url from a given
cache object key. Then I would know the url and could use the existing
purge method of "client -m PURGE url". This wouldn't be happening very
often so how fast it executes isn't critical. Perhaps an addition to the
cachemgr interface would allow me to get the information I want? I'm
looking through that code now to see if I can figure out what it would take.

-Bill