[SQU] http acceleration mode mystery.

From: <js@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:23:05 +0000

Hi folks,

I am losing hair over this :-(
I have tried dozens of combinations to try and get this to work,
I've searched the web and followed everything I can find..

The setup should be pretty simple, all I have is a web server
with multiple virtual hosts defined (apache). I want to put squid
in front of it in httpd acceleration mode. So far, so good.
Of course it works just fine until I realise that none of the
virtual hosts work anymore. I have just changed DNS for www.myserver.com
to point at my squid box. The best that I can get is to have the
virtual hosts all pointing at the 'main' server on the box which
isn't too bad.. When I use the config below: Squid throws up an
'Access denied' error even though I have set the acl to allow any
traffic whatsoever.

current squid.conf:

------------------------
http_port 10.2.2.2:8000

cache_mem 100 MB

# cache _everything_
refresh_pattern ^http: 20 20% 10080 override-expire override-lastmod

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl safe_ports port 80 21 443 563 70 210 1025-65535
acl safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow all
http_access deny all

httpd_accel_host 10.1.1.1
httpd_accel_port 80

httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

IP addresses have been changed to protect the guilty.

Now, it seems to me that this should just work with this minimal
config. Why on earth am I getting an 'access denied' message from
Squid?

Many many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

All the best,

John.

--
John Senior <js@internet-ireland.ie>