RE: [SQU] SMB /NT Authentication Documentation

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:41:08 +0100

> I am wondering if the reason many people ask questions about
> SMB/NTLM/WIndows authentication is due to a lack of
> documentation or lack of
> a single web site with all the info needed to get it up and
> running. I
> would like to see proper examples, and a definitive list of
> differences
> between NTLM & SMB authentication e.t.c. I think a lot more
> people would
> use it if we had this,

There are many questions because there is NO official info
from MS (at least, none that'f freely available to be used in
free projects) about NTLM authentication.
BTW: NTLM authentication is basically SMB-over-braindamaged-HTTP.

The most comprehensive and organized collection of information
to date is the ntlm project page on squid.sourceforge.org

All other free implementations of NTLM-over-HTTP are broken BTW.

--
	/kinkie