Re: [SQU] being driven nuts by a forwarding loop

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:09:49 +1030 (CST)

According to Henrik Nordstrom:

>Brett Lymn wrote:
>
>> Hrm - the idea was to put the .pac file in the web server to avoid
>> configuring the web browsers apart from getting the .pac.
>
>Then change the PAC file to return DIRECT when going for the accelerated
>server.
>
>Or use a redirector helper to tell Squid where the pac file is located.

Thanks for the suggestion but I must admit to just wimping out - I
changed the http_accel_host to be localhost, the port to be 80 put
squid back on it's default port, tweaked apache to be on port 80 and
now all is well.

At a guess I think my squid is confused about the name of the machine,
the decision about whether or not it should be accelerating the local
web server seems to be borked in my case - I just changed the
http_accel_port to a non-responding port and I still got my web page.
Hence the forwarding loop. I did try setting the name in the
squid.conf but that did not help. How odd.