[SQU] Username and Password in Accelerator Mode

From: Kieran Skinner <kieran.skinner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:12:23 -0000

Is it possible to get squid to require the browser/user to athenticate with
a username and password pair when it is running in accelerator mode.
I have been able to get it to require this athentication in proxy mode but
so far have failed to get it to prompt for login when using the accelerator.

Username password pair athentication will not be used directly on the
accelerated webserver so there should be no conflict there, the webserver
will only respond to requests that come through a squid accelerator.

So far I have searched the FAQ and the mailing list archives and come up
with blanks.