Re: [SQU] unlink problems in 2.3.STABLE4

From: Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:54:11 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been having problems with the swapdirs filling more than twice the
> > space they should be using, and squid stopping because of full partitions,
> > etc... now it seems that the problem was that I had squid compiled
> > --enable-async-io but used simple ufs directories, not aufs. I searched
> > through the source now, and found that for ufs directories
> > unlinkdUnlink() gets called to unlink files, but if async-io is enabled,
> > unlinkdUnlink() will be an empty function. Please tell me if this
> > assumption is correct, and if yes, please fix this _ASAP_.
>
> It is fixed in Squid-2.4, and will work in Squid-2.3 if you use the FS
> type you built Squid for. There is no reason to have Squid built with
> --enable-async-io if you only use the "ufs" type store.

Then there is no reason for Squid built with --enable-async-io to support
the ufs type store... And if it says it supports it then it should support
it correctly. And if it does not, it should be _documented_.

> I don't expect a patch for Squid-2.3 to be released for this minor
> issue. If you do not want to use the "aufs" store, then rebuild your
> Squid without --enable-async-io.

I did that now. Actually it would be just a simple patch, USE_UNLINKD
always defined to 1... such a small program wouldn't make any difference
even if all stores are aufs.
Anyway I'm waiting for 2.4 STABLE :)

--
Madarasz Gergely          gorgo@sztaki.hu          gorgo@linux.rulez.org