Re: [SQU] Page faults with Solaris 8

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:14:08 +0100

J.D. Bronson wrote:

> As you can see, I only ran squid for a short time and saw only 43 requests.
> But 28 page faults happened according to the log when squid was exited.

When measuring the pagefaults you need to discount for the pagefaults
occuring during startup and shutdown. Both of these operations normally
causes quite a bit of pagefaults.

To get a good view of pagefaults, use the cachemgr interface or SNMP to
read the pagefaults counter while Squid is running, and plot the
increase/time in parallell to the amount or requests processed.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker