[SQU] Want redirect to use /etc/hosts after DNS fails.

From: G.W. Haywood <ged@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:13:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

In case anybody reads this, all I want to do is tell Squid to look in
/etc/hosts when it uses a redirect daemon to rewrite the hostname but
finds the hostname is not in the DNS. (Nothing I can do about that.)

I searched the FAQ, the mailing list archives and the nice User's
Guide, but I only found one occurrence of "/etc/hosts", in section
20.3 of the UG. It was not what I wanted.

I do hope this isn't really a FAQ...

Anyone?

73,
Ged.