[SQU] Browsing's fine but file download is very slow

From: Laurence Blake <LAURENCE@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:05:17 +1100

Hi

Our Squid seems to be running well except when we want to download a file
from a site.
Most of our users are IE4/5 so they go Save Target As and then maybe a few
KB's of the file come down, but then it just stops.
I've checked cache usage and it all seems within the FAQ limits.

For a test, on some PCs, I turned the proxy settings off and they were able
to save OK without any stops, hangs or timeouts.

However, as I say browsing is fine it is just the downloading of files.

What should I be checking?

Thanks

Laurence