[SQU] Questions

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 04:04:50 +0800

Folks,

I have some questions that need your suggestion and comment.

I successfully rotate logs and get files xxxx.log.0. But I could not rotate my logs anymore. Although I had set my squid.conf logfile_rotate to 7, then re-load squid. Does it need reaching certain size before able to be rotated?

Another symptom; I load squid "/usr/local/squid/bin/squid" and back to Linux prompt. Obviously, Squid sometime was not be loaded ! I must load squid (in daemon mode) more than one before it run and appearing message similar "Squid run at PID XXX". Would you tell me why?

Many thanks for your answer.

Best Regards,

Awie