Re: [SQU] "insane length" error

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:00:30 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Brett Lymn wrote:

> If I read the code right the previous limit was 1024 bytes, it is now
> 65536.

I suspect it is at most 65535 due to the String class implementation,
but I would not be shocked to learn that some code paths will not
accept URLs of that lengths because of the buffers that need to hold a
URL _and_ something else. Verifying the actual limits via a simple
test should be easy for the common path...

Alex.