Re: [SQU] ACL question?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 07:16:16 +0100

Jai Lamerton wrote:

> Hi, I was looking through the FAQ looking for a way to get get a down
> stream squid to bypass a parent squid for a given domain, but cache the
> files on the downstream server once retreved. Ie. not using
> allways_direct.

always_direct does not deny caching, only the usage of peers.

It is the opposite of never_direct which forces the use of peers.

For requests inbetween (i.e. normal operation) squid deduces from the
type of request if there is any use in attempting to use peers or not.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker