[SQU] Converting time format

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:44:53 +0800

All,

I created a script;

/usr/bin/perl -pe 's/\d+/localtime $&/e;'

and save it to be a file named "convert" in directory /bin. Then I run "chmod +x /bin/convert"

After all, I run "cat access.log | /bin/convert".

IT WORKS !

I got a readable format time & date of my access.log. I don't know whatever my doing is perfect or not, but I got what I want. Instead remembering unfriendly parameter of perl, I prefer to run my convert file to read my log file.

Many thanks for Henrik, Thomas, and Leonardo that gave me suggestions to get this solution.

Best Regards,

Awie