Re: [SQU] Upgrading from Squid 2.2 to 2.4

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 06:13:49 -0700

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001, David Gameau wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading our Squid servers to (most likely) v2.4 in the near
> future.
> What I'm wondering is whether it will be possible to use the same cache files
> (preserve the cache directories, and the swap.state, I guess?).

I believe that we (squid developers) are keeping the squid cache
format (at least in ufs/aufs/diskd) consistent across all 2.x versions.
At the very outside you might want to rm the swap logs and do a dirty
rebuild just to be sure, but I don't see any major changes which
could break compatibility.

Adrian