[SQU] squid over a DVB connection

From: sig <sig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:48:03 +0200

Hello all,

I have a SQUID, proxying a DVB connection, it works as
default peer to our main proxy.
When DVB connection ok, squid works well.
But when connection slowing down, the squid returns timeouts
(after 2-3 minutes waiting) to every request sent,
instead of sending "unable to connect".

The connection over DVB established ALWAYS! It's a DVB driver
implementation.
And because of this, squid don't detect, that connection is dead :((
He tries to fetch data again and again.

The only fact, that i know, that if DVB connection is ok, ping to
our provider is less than 300ms. When it becomes unstable, the ping becomes >1000ms.

Can anyone advise me, where i can modify squid src, to react on this ping slowdown, and
if ping to our provider> 1000ms return "unable to connect" instead of trying to
fetch data, so our main proxy will go direct, instead of using a buggy DVB link?

Best regards,
 sig mailto:sig@uct.kiev.ua
 ICQ #48415849