Re: [SQU] Underscores in hostnames

From: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:56:33 -0500

Most DNS servers, probably the one that comes with Squid as well,
will break with "_" underscores in hostnames. Underscores in
hostnames go against an RFC, can not remember which, that deals
with host naming conventions. You would be much better off
replacing those hostnames now, otherwise you will probably have
to do it later.

-mike

Quoting Alison Smith <alison@staff.vianet.net.au>:

> Hi!
>
> I apologise if I should know this already. I'm running squid 2.3 stable
> 4,
> and I want to allow underscores in hostnames. I know that you can
> recompile
> squid yourself to allow this, but I was hoping there was a patch or
> something?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alison
>
> --

Michael C. Ibarra
Hawk Technologies, Inc (Hawk.Com)
914-725-6300 ext. 111

          The information contained in this message
           is not necessarily the opinion of Hawk
                   Technologies, Inc.