Re: [SQU] SYN Flooding!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:37:13 +0100

If Squid is running on port 80, and you have a many slow clients (i.e.
dialup clients) then you might have to increase
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_syn_backlog, or else Linux SYN flood
protection can falsely kick in even in normal operation where there is
no SYN flood attack.

netstat -an | grep :80 | grep SYN_RECV

will give you a rough estimate of the backlog usage, including what
might be caused by SYN floods...

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker