[SQU] squid -k reconfigure

From: Heinz Ahrens <xf01070@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:32:48 +0100 (MET)

Hallo Squid-Users,

i use Squid with authentication and squidGuard to use
possitive-domain-lists. I think in future i have got 1000 domain-lists and 1000 user-lists. To test
them I generate them with Perl and there was no problem with squidGuard. Ok,
a problem is perhaps CPU-time and memory....

My problem is squid. To activate the new lists i must make

  /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k reconfigre

and squidGuard and squid is updated. The problem is the time. In my tests it
uses 1 minute and an perhaps active download is no problem. The problem is
the fact, that i canīt get a new HTTP-connection while reconfiguring squid.

My question:

Is that ok or can i modify squid to reconfigure and allow new
HTTP-connection to the same time. Perhaps someone could help me.

Greetings from Germany

  Heinz Ahrens
  xf01070@gmx.de