RE: [SQU] 2.4.PRE

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:09:56 +1100

Yes. CVS is just the storage place for the source code. When you get a
tarball, it s just a fresh copy of whats in CVS.

CVS allows storage of simultaneous revisions of each file, these
revisions can be "branches" (allowing development), or just "tags" to
mark a good version.

The branch SQUID_2_4 will only change if a bugfix is released for squid
2.4 - so it's a safe bet to use that branch.

Tracking something like HEAD _is dangerous_ because thats where
development takes place, and we get to break things every now and then.

Rob