Re: [SQU] 2.4.PRE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:31:33 +0100

Florin Andrei wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2001 14:28:16 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps you should track the latest squid-2.4 in CVS.
> > The branch is SQUID_2_4, and you'll find instructions on how to
> > track it at http://www.squid-cache.org/Devel/cvs.html .
>
> But... Is it safe to use a CVS version? I mean, it's better to use the
> CVS tree than the 2.4.PRE-STABLE release?
> (I'm asking this because i've already shot myself in the foot with some
> CVS versions of other programs)

My preference is if you use the daily snapshots rather than tracking
CVS. This to ensure thay you have a consistent source tree whith all
files properly prepared for compiling and with a proper version tag
indicating when the snapshot was taken.

Squid sources retreived using CVS is kind of anonymous, with no clear
indication of from which date these sources are, and requires a number
of steps to be taken before you can compile Squid.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker