[SQU] store_swap_size=0

From: Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:41:03 +0200

Hello all,
I have been using squid(2.3.STABLE1-5) in my system(RedHat 6.2) for 3 weeks and i have noticed that after restart of the pc
i don't have any speed up when i see the same sites before restart.
So i have started to search why this happens.
My squid is up and works "fine" and i did the test with client program and i see what i have to see in cache.log and my store.log have entries.
I have cache_dir ufs /usr/local/squid_cache 100 16 256 and i noticed that the dir has always date the date which the system boots!
Also, in cache.log i have always store_swap_size=0 and that is strange, is n't it?
I said ok when i boot the system someone rebuild the cache dir as a result all the previous cache deleted.
I opened the /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid and i saw this
echo -n "Starting $SQUID: "
     for adir in $CACHE_SWAP; do
         if [ ! -d $adir/00 ]; then
              echo -n "init_cache_dir $adir... "
              $SQUID -z -F 2>/dev/null
         fi
     done
what -z flag doing there?
i removed it i killed the parent and child squid processes and start the squid i check the date-time of cache dir and it was the date-time which i started the squid!!!!!!!!
I killed again squid and run /usr/sbin/squid -D and nothing change!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cache_dir has always the newest date-time.
i out # in these 7 lines of /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid file and i had the same result.
I remove from levels 3,4,5 the squid and i add the line
/usr/sbin/squid -D in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
and i i had the same result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And of cource store_swap_sizeis always 0 even i view sites.

Any ideas why this happens?

Pavlos